Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oct 1 - Mile Hammock Bay (MCB Camp Lejeune, NC) to Wrightsville Beach, NC

Raised anchor and was underway at 0725 for a short travel day (39 miles) to Wrightsville Beach, NC. 
Transited the Surf City Swing bridge at 10:05, a Topsail Island icon that I've sat at many times while growing up, watching boats pass through - wondering where they were headed and wishing I could do the same one day.  Well, that day was today!
Surf City Swing Bridge

Once through the bridge, I called my Uncle (DC Lanier) who owns Lanier's Campground in Surf City and has a house on the mainland side of the waterway.  I told him if he looked out the window he could probably see me motoring by, which he did.
The rest of the trip heading south along the sound side of Topsail Island, Figure Eight Island, etc, was uneventful - just a great day to be out on the water.  Arrived at Wrightsville Beach and anchored in Motts Channel Anchorage at 2:35 PM.

Motts Channel Anchorage


No comments:

Post a Comment