Friday, October 11, 2013

Oct 11 - Beaufort, SC to Possum Point, GA (61 miles)

Bill and Tamera told me to hang around another day and I was sorely tempted, but as I’m getting near my destination and have been underway for almost three weeks, I had to take a pass at the invitation and put some miles under my keel.  I got underway and 0825 and had the best day’s run so far – 61.2 miles.  The weather was great (sunny, mid-80’s) and I arrived at the next ICW trouble spot (Fields Cut) at high tide, making the transit with no problems.  I crossed the Georgia state line at 3:00

Low tide

Georgia mansion

Interesting creek name

Beautiful Possum Point Anchorage

I was making such good time I bypassed the anchorage I planned on using and pushed on for another couple of hours, anchoring at scenic Possum Point at 6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment