Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Oct 8 - Charleston, SC

I had originally planned to head out today, but the wind and rain woke me up before my alarm went off, promising another windy, rainy day.  Based on the way the wind was howling through the rigging and the rain was pounding on the decks, I made a command decision to stay in Charleston another day, then rolled over in my bunk and sleep a few more hours.  A cold front passed through last night, so it’s also noticeably cooler today – the weather has been unseasonably hot during my trip (temps in the mid-80’s for many days) so I’m not complaining about a return to more normal, cooler temps. 
 After catching up on e-mails and working on some article deadlines, I unfolded my hog and biked around old town Charleston.

Horse drawn carriage

Old town market
On the way back, I stopped at a Harris Teeter and picked up some supplies.  I also got to use my fancy bike bag, which has got more pockets and bags than I ever thought I'd need, but it makes a great way to haul groceries back to the boat

Frank's grocery getter

Top view
I also converted the leftover pot roast from the other night into a huge pot of vegetable soup - a perfect meal for a rainy, windy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment