Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Oct 9 - Charleston, SC to Fenwick Island, SC (44.9 miles)

I awoke to another day of blustery winds (18 with gusts up to 26+) and overcast skies.  I considered staying another day in Charleston, however I was itching to get moving so I got underway at 0915.  It was rough enough in Charleston harbor that I initially though I'd made a mistake by not staying put, but after I made the turn south the waves subsided and the shoreline blocked most of the wind.  It turned out to be a good choice, as the wind died down by noon and the sun came out with not a cloud in the sky. 

Max speed for the day (normal is around 6 knots)

Not snakes on a plane, but a crain on a barge!

After a good run today, I dropped anchor at Fenwick Island Anchorage at 4:00 PM.

Fenwick Island anchorage

No comments:

Post a Comment