Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May 31 - Altamaha River anchorage, GA to Redbird Creek, GA (55.2 miles)

Got underway at 0810 to arrive a Mud River on a rising tide.  Passed through with no problems other than...the enemy.  The horse flies were so thick, I was whacking them every 10 seconds or so - it was actually beginning to affect my navigation.  I tried to leave them be, but when I did they'd gather in strength till there was around 20 of them in the cockpit swarming.  It wound up being better to just get them as they landed on the underside of the canvas.

The killing field and Frank's Thunder rod - the "Purple Cobra"



Mini-crane and barge



Arrived at Red Bird Creek at 1615 to (again) wait for a favorable tide tomorrow morning to pass through yet another trouble spot, Hell Gate.  Used the left over Brats I grilled up yesterday evening for supper to cook up a pot of corn Chowder.

No comments:

Post a Comment