Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 1st - Red Bird Creek

The weather forecast the night before called for high winds all day - 20 to 25 knots, with gusts up to 35.  As such, I decided to stay put.  I woke to wind howling through the rigging and it continued to do so throughout the day, so it was a good choice.  I kept the VHF radio on and heard other boaters on the water talking about getting beat up a bit while transiting the more open waters.

As I had a leisurely morning, I decided to cook an old fashion breakfast of country ham and pancakes.


I had one remaining package of country ham onboard (fearing I'd starve to death, my mom gave two of them to me before I left for the Bahamas) so I got it out and commenced to frying it up.


The ham smelled so good I was actually worried some of them Georgia swamp-rednecks would show up looking for some.



A fine breakfast for a windy day.  After breakfast, I spend the day working on articles and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment